Yes! Summer has arrived and so has our busiest Albany move season of the year. Are you ready to go? We are! Liedkie Moving & Storage is standing by with our experienced staff and crew to ensure that your move is a smooth one.
As you get closer to your move day, things start to happen fast. We want you to be fully prepared for your Albany move. It can be a challenge to keep organized and stay on top of all your moving tasks when you probably already have a busy schedule. This can be even more challenging if you have never moved before. There are so many things to think about. Fortunately we have decades of moving experience and are ready to lend a hand.
Liedkie Moving & Storage can help by providing you with this Moving Planner-Read Here. Whether you are months, weeks or days away from your move, you can look to this planner to help you remember and organize your move. We appreciate all that you have to do. Moving is a huge undertaking and considered one of the most stressful life changes. Use this planner to ease your stress. As you check things off, you will feel accomplished and ready for loading day.
If you are packing yourself, Liedkie Moving & Storage can also help with packing supplies. We have a wide array of moving boxes and supplies, as well as pre-packaged moving kits. All supplies are of the same quality used by professional movers and affordably priced. And of course, if you need help packing – we can help you with full service professional packing.
The heat is on but you can keep cool during your Albany move process with an organized plan and of course an ice-cream! Good Luck!
In recognition of National Safety Month, we here at Liedkie Moving & Storage make it a point to share a message of safety with our Albany moving customers in June and throughout the year. Last week we shared some tips and resources for packing safely when preparing for your Albany move. This week we place our safety focus on moving day itself. We want you, your pets, your family and your movers to have a safe and pleasant moving experience.
So you are all packed up, ready to load and move to your new home. Whether you hired movers or are moving yourself, the safety of everyone involved is a top priority. Here is a small checklist to get you thinking about safety on your Albany moving day:
- Small children and pets-It is best to have someone look after your small children and pets on safety day. Doors will be propped open and people will be moving heavy items out of the home and onto a truck. Children and pets could easily wander outside and possibly get lost. They could also get in the way of heavy dangerous lifting and risk being hurt. They will be safer off the premises in the care of friends or family.
- Keep all walkways and doorways free from obstacles-Periodically check the residence inside and out throughout the moving process. Helpers could trip and fall with heavy items if passageways are not left clear.
- When disassembling furniture-Use the proper tools and place them in a safe place when not in use.
- Be sure to keep a first aid kit handy-This is one thing you do not want to pack and load. Keep one near you through the move day should anyone need it.
- Food and water-Keep hydrated throughout the day and remember to eat for strength and endurance. Water and healthy snacks should be set aside in a tote for a quick grab when you need it.
- Rest-Get plenty of necessary rest the night before your move so you are alert and refreshed.
- Dress for the climate conditions-you may need protective clothing to stay warm, cool or dry. Wear sunscreen and bug repellant if necessary.
- If you are moving yourself-Be sure to have heavy duty gloves to protect your hands while lifting your items. Make sure you have the right moving gear such as handcarts and straps for heavy items.
- Lock up-Check all windows and doors. They should be closed properly and locked to protect the dwelling after you are gone.
This not an inclusive list as every move has its own safety considerations. We just wanted to get you thinking about keeping safe on Albany moving day. Take some time before you move to think about safety in and around your move, and then make your helpers aware of anything they would need to know to keep everyone safe. Avoid moving accidents. Keep alert and aware on Albany moving day. Liedkie Moving & Storage wish you a safe and pleasant move!
June is National Safety Month and Liedkie Moving & Storage would like to provide some timely reminders for Albany movers for practicing safety throughout their move. We are dedicating this month to sharing tips and resources for safe moving. This week we would like to draw your attention to safety matters having to do with the packing.
Your home is about to be turned inside out. All the contents are moving and shifting as you prepare for loading day. With everything out of place, your surroundings become less familiar to you increasing the chances of an accident.
Please look over the following list of safety considerations for the packing process of your move:
- Packing Boxes-If you are packing and moving boxes yourself, you should be able to comfortably lift the box according to your strength. Know your strength. For step by step lifting instructions, please check out this helpful slideshow on heavy lifting provided by the Mayo Clinic.
- Keep common passages clear-Hallways, doorways, steps, etc. should be kept clear of boxes, packing material and loose household items to avoid tripping and slipping in your home.
- Keep packing tools such as box cutters, knives, tape cutters and scissors out of reach of children and off the floor to protect your family and pets.
- Use heavy duty protective packing materials-To protect your belongings, be sure to use sturdy and strong boxes that will handle the weight of the contents. Also have padded wrapping materials such as bubble wrap to protect fragile items.
Of course, Liedkie Moving & Storage would be happy to provide Albany movers with our professional packing service. Give us a call and we will provide safe and secure packing. Also, you can read more packing tips on our site.
Let’s kick off National Safety Month with healthy and safe packing! We invite our Albany movers to check back later this month for more moving safety tips.