Welcome Back to Liedkie Moving & Storage Albany Moving Tips Blog!
Last week we discussed what should be left behind in the home by the sellers before their Albany move. This week we will address the condition your property should be left in before going to closing. It is really quite simple. Leave it the way you would want it if you were moving in. You would want it clean and clear of trash and debris.
Your Albany move process has kept you busy for quite some time now. You are almost done! After your Albany movers have cleared your home of your belongings, it is quite easy to make your home move in clean. Here is a check-list of common cleaning courtesies:
- Floors should be swept clean
- Carpets should be vacuumed
- Refrigerator should be empty and wiped clean
- Oven should be clean and empty except for broil pan
- Kitchen and bathroom counters should be wiped clean and dry
- Sinks, tubs and shower stalls should be wiped down
- There should be no trash or debris anywhere in the house or on the property
In most cases it will state in the purchase agreement what condition the house will be left in before closing. Sometimes it is agreed upon to have professional cleaners clean the house. Other times a simple broom swept condition is all that is required. Read your agreement over carefully and understand what is required in your case.
Having been in the Albany move business as long as we have, we often notice the little extra touches our customers have left for their buyers. Of course these are not at all necessary but very nice indeed. Some examples have been to leave a new roll of toilet paper in the bathroom and a new roll of paper towels on the kitchen counter in case the buyers arrive and can’t find where they packed these immediate necessities. Some people have left take-out menus to their favorite restaurants in the area with the house manuals. How nice to arrive in a new home and then easily order dinner in from a recommended local shop when you are not yet unpacked or too tired to shop or cook. Some sellers have left a few copies of old photographs of the home so the buyers had a visual history of the home and property. It seems to help sellers leaving a home they loved to share a sentiment with the new owners.
Liedkie Moving & Storage wish you all the best with your Albany move. Good luck in your new home!
Yes! Summer has arrived and so has our busiest Albany move season of the year. Are you ready to go? We are! Liedkie Moving & Storage is standing by with our experienced staff and crew to ensure that your move is a smooth one.
As you get closer to your move day, things start to happen fast. We want you to be fully prepared for your Albany move. It can be a challenge to keep organized and stay on top of all your moving tasks when you probably already have a busy schedule. This can be even more challenging if you have never moved before. There are so many things to think about. Fortunately we have decades of moving experience and are ready to lend a hand.
Liedkie Moving & Storage can help by providing you with this Moving Planner-Read Here. Whether you are months, weeks or days away from your move, you can look to this planner to help you remember and organize your move. We appreciate all that you have to do. Moving is a huge undertaking and considered one of the most stressful life changes. Use this planner to ease your stress. As you check things off, you will feel accomplished and ready for loading day.
If you are packing yourself, Liedkie Moving & Storage can also help with packing supplies. We have a wide array of moving boxes and supplies, as well as pre-packaged moving kits. All supplies are of the same quality used by professional movers and affordably priced. And of course, if you need help packing – we can help you with full service professional packing.
The heat is on but you can keep cool during your Albany move process with an organized plan and of course an ice-cream! Good Luck!
Last week we talked about taking this quiet less busy time before an Albany move that may be 2-3 months out, to dream your space using a floor plan to plan furniture placement. It saves having to rearrange heavy things later after the movers leave. Liedkie Moving & Storage has been sharing the Albany move experience with our customers for over 95 years. We have been there alongside them helping them with everything “moving”. One thing we have learned about the Albany move process for families is sometimes it can be fraught with the unknown about where you are heading and how to make that new destination feel like you are coming home.
These days, the internet makes it so easy to research all about where you are going. While you are anticipating all you will be busy with in the few weeks and days right before your Albany move, why not look ahead and learn about your new community. What helps you feel at home in a new community? Here are some suggestions to research ahead of time and help you and your family look forward to your Albany move and new home community:
- Your favorite chain stores and restaurants-many of us like our routine places. You might enjoy finding out that the stores you enjoy shopping at can also be found where you are moving.
- Parks-Perhaps you love the outdoors and enjoy walking, running, biking, kayaking. Check out what parks are near your new home and what facilities they have.
- Fun places for kids-If you have children, they can look forward to what is available in your new community for them.
- Local contractors-Perhaps over the years, you have become attached to your short list of home maintenance contractors such as electricians, plumbers, carpenters, landscapers etc. The internet makes it very easy to research reputable trusted contractors who are ready to serve you in your new community. You can enter your new home with a new short list for anything you may need right away.
- Place of Worship-A fine way to connect with your new community is through your faith. Find your denomination and make the call to introduce yourself and family.
- Community Centers-Check on-line to see if your new community has a community center where you can make connections or learn more about your community.
- Local businesses-Sure, we all like our comfort chain stores and/or restaurants but it is fun to explore what is unique about where you are going. Check out business directories or city/town websites to read about privately owned stores, boutiques, and restaurants. You may find that you cannot wait to visit some of these locally owned businesses.
This should give you much to read and learn about where you are headed. Take advantage of all the ways the internet can help you warm up to your future community through photos, videos, reviews and guides all to do with your future home.
If you have kids, get them involved and give them some things on the list to research and see what they can find out too. They will most likely enjoy sharing their excitement over what they find. They might think it is fun and feel a sense of involvement. Check back in the next few weeks for more ideas and resources that help you feel more at home wherever your Albany move takes you. Liedkie Moving & Storage likes to help you feel at home no matter where you are. Have fun!